I just love this article!
Let’s talk about mis-perceptions and stereotypes about working mothers. Here are a few stereotypes that are mostly wrong….
- Working mothers don’t pay enough attention to their families
- Working mothers only work because they want to avoid taking care of their children
- Working mothers look down on stay-at-home mothers
- It’s impossible to be a good mother and for a working mother be good at their job
- Working mothers are only working because their husband doesn’t earn enough to let them stay at home
Are your eyes rolling yet??!
And it is this particular one that I want to talk about….
Working mothers must hate that someone else is raising their kid.
I don’t speak for all working mothers obviously, but for me this is very wrong. Firstly, let’s talk about someone else ‘raising’ our kid. Chris and I are BOTH raising Aviana, whereas the teachers at daycare are doing what they…
View original post 606 more words